Bone loss is part of the aging process, especially after menopause. But Vivian Goldschmidt, MA, has a wonderful website that addresses this issue and how to stabilize and even rebuild bone loss with her website, SAVE OUR BONES. (www.saveourbones.com)
Here was her topic heading for Mother’s Day, which I had to postpone posting until today because of my other postings takingprecedence:
Chocolate Fruit Tart
- 1½ cups dates, pitted
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup dark chocolate or cacao powder, chopped into small chunks, or
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, peeled and slivered
- ¼ cup raw almonds, slivered
- Lightly oil a or 9″ tart pan or a 14×5″ rectangular pan with coconut oil.
- Blend the dates and almonds until the mixture becomes doughy. Small almond bits are fine.
- Press the almond date dough evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof container, then heat the almond milk, and pour it over the chocolate. Pour the almond milk over the chocolate, and let sit for a minute or two. Stir until it reaches a smooth texture.
- Spread the chocolate syrup over the crust.
- Place the banana and pear slices over the chocolate and sprinkle the almonds over them.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour before serving.
Thanx to saveourbones.com for this great information and recipe to address osteporosis.