Cucumber is one of the veggies listed previously as being available in June,
so I reprinted this one from my archives.
2 organic cucumber, washed, peeled, & diced
5-6 organic scallions, washed, trimmed to whites, & sliced thinly crosswise
juice of one organic lemon
herbs: chives, oregano, thyme, dill, basil, parsley
one garlic clove, peeled & minced
splash of Bragg’s Aminos or soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste; dash of cayenne pepper
Sesame seeds and tomatoes (optional)
organic lettuce leaves for platter, washed & dried
(Note: I used a lot of chives, because my chives plant was very full.)
1. Put peeled and diced cucumber in a bowl with sliced scallions.
2. Squeeze on the juice of one lemon. Stir into veggies.
3. Add chopped herbs listed above (or your own), about 2 tsp. of each (or more)
4. Add minced garlic, splash of Bragg’s, dash of cayenne, and salt & pepper to taste.
5. Toss everything together. Sprinkle on sesame seeds, if using. (I used black ones for color.)
6. Spoon salad onto a platter lined with lettuce. (Extra dressing can be saved for serving.) Garnish with cherry tomatoes (optional) and refrigerate, covered, for about one hour to let the flavors mingle. Serve chilled.
Yield: About 4 servings as a side salad or two as a main dish salad.