A few days ago I reviewed Michelle Rothenstein’s excellent cookbook as part of Healthy Heart Month. Here are four of her recipes from the cookbook which I made and loved.
Published by www.RockridgePress.com
Cauliflower Steak with Arugula-Basil Pesto
Serves 2 / Prep 5-10 minutes / Cook 20 minutes
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ head of cauliflower, sliced 1-inch thick lengthwise
2 tablespoons Arugula-Basil Pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Evenly brush over each side of the steaks.
3. Roast for 10 minutes, flip and roast for an additional 10 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender and the edges are lightly browned.
4. Top with 1 tablespoon of arugula pesto per two cauliflower steaks. Serve immediately.
Yields 4.5 Tablespoons, 4-5 servings / Prep 10 min/ Cook 0 min
1½ cups of arugula, stems trimmed
½ cup basil, stems trimmed
¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
3 tablespoons water
Combine all ingredients in a food processor for about 1-2 minutes until desired consistency is achieved. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
(I made both recipes as part of one dish.)
Chili and Maple Syrup-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Serves 2 / Prep 10 minutes / Cook 25 minutes
2 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
2 tablespoons of Chili-Lime Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Coat the Brussels sprouts with the Chili-Lime Glaze. Add the sprouts to the pan, cut-sides down.
3. Roast for 10 minutes. Flip them once they’re slightly golden and roast them for another 10-15 minutes until they are fork tender. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Chili Lime Glaze
Serves 2 / Prep 5 min / Cook 0 min
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
In Health & Happiness,