I usually don’t post new info before a cooking class, but this seems too important not to. Here’s the link to my class in case you missed it yesterday.
ZOOM with a BOOM LINK
Join Good Food for Healthy Bones & Mental Health Zoom Meeting on Friday, May 21st at 10:30 am (est)
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89407280194Meeting ID: 894 0728 0194
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,89407280194# US (New York)
+13017158592,,89407280194# US (Washington DC)Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 894 0728 0194
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ktC4yXNf4
Please go to organicconsumers.org
for the helpful, informative article in full.
SAVE THE BEES!
World Bee Day 2021
Did you know that May 20, 2021 is World Bee Day?
To celebrate our precious pollinators, we have put together an issue of Organic Bytes all about bees!
In this issue, you’ll learn:
• More about the lives of these amazing creatures
• All about the biggest threats to bees today, including pesticides and industrial monocrop agriculture
• How to avoid fraudulent honey and support real regenerative organic beekeepers
• Actions you can take—from the products you purchase and those you avoid, to landscape management, to national policies—to support and rebuild healthy pollinator populations
2021 speakers include:
• Russ Henry, Bee Safe Minneapolis
• Joyce Kennedy, People & Pollinators Action Network
• Steve Ellis, Old Mill Honey Company
• Aimee Code, Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
• Vera Krischik, PhD, Department of Entomology at the St. Paul, University of Minnesota
This year, this must-attend event is online and open to all. Donations to support the event are welcome, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
The 2021 National Pesticides Forum takes place over the following days. The full program is available here.
Monday, May 24, 6:00–7:30 pm ET
Tuesday, May 25, 1:00-5:30 pm ET
Tuesday, June 1, 1:00-5:30 pm ET
Tuesday, June 8, 1:00-5:30 pm ET
Tuesday, June 15 1:00-5:30 pm ET