I recently bought a small gadget* that makes spirals from veggies. It has only 2 parts and no electricity or batteries are needed. I then purchased a white turnip, red radishes, and purple daikon radish and put them in the spiral cutter, one at a time, adding a carrot for more color and voile! a string salad. Here is the photo and recipe, which can be made from almost any root veggie or zucchini and yellow squash. I have not yet tried it on tomatoes or other softer veggies.
Utensils: Spiral cutting device*, cutting board & knife, serving bowl
Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: No
Categories: Vegan (V), No Sugar Added (NSA), Gluten Free (GF)
Ingredients (any or all or add your own)
one or two red radishes
one small purple daikon radish
one small white salad turnip
1. Wash and scrub each veggie.
2. One at a time, cut each veggie into small enough pieces to fit into the spiral device.
3. As the veggies are cut into “strings,” place into a serving bowl.
4. Toss with your favorite dressing, add sprouts (optional) and enjoy!
Dressing: I use olive oil and lemon juice with salt & pepper, but feel free to use your favorite.
* I bought the “Vegetti,” but there are several on the market. You can also use a food processor, but the veggies won’t come out stringlike.