In the next Kitchen Nutrition, I hope to feature tomatoes. Here’s a peak at one of my recipes to pique your appetite.
2 oz. Pkg. of organic sun-dried tomatoes
1- 1/2 cups hot water for soaking
one-two garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. chopped chili pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
approximately one cup of soaking liquid
1. Bring about one to one and one half cups of water almost to a boil.
2. Pour water over sun-dried tomatoes and let soak for one half to one hour.
3. In the meantime, place garlic, spices and olive oil into blender.
4. When tomatoes are soft, drain and add to blender with one cup of the soak water. Puree until smooth.
5. For a thinner, more pourable dressing, add another 1/2 cup of soak water. (If soak water is gone, just use plain water.)
Use this over steamed veggies or heat and use over pasta. For spicier sauce, add more garlic and hot pepper.