Note: The photos in this posting are from a recent trip to State College, PA, soon after a mid-December snow fall. The starkness of the trees and landscape are quite compelling to me—spare and bare, like the desert, only snow instead of sand. These 25 hints are also bare and spare: simple concepts that many of you may already be embracing.
1. Do what you love—health & healing will follow.
2. Find which foods work for you and eat them most of the time.
3. Find an exercise program you enjoy and do it regularly.
4. Take a high quality multivitamin and mineral for life.
5. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good.
6. Take care of unfinished business. (Do whatever you need to do to release your anger, resentment, fears, worries, insecurities, or anything else that keeps you from being happy and healthy.)
7. Heal your relationship with your parents. (I would add with anyone in your family circle.)
8. Make fun and relaxation a priority on your daily schedule.
9. Learn to love yourself.
10. Find your inner peace and hold on.
11. Connect with your Source (God, Divine Spirit, Higher Self, etc.) as often as you can.
12. Treat the earth well. We canâ€™t live without her!
13. Do the best you can and trust others to do the same.
14. Stay light. Donâ€™t take yourself and your life too seriously.
15. Ask for help when you need it.
16. Create a refuge for yourself. Surround yourself with objects, pets, and nature that support your peace.
17. Take care of your body. Your body is your temple, so if you treat it with kindness and attention, it will be your friend for life.
18. Enjoy sex as loving communion.
19. Embrace nature as your healer.
20. Live each moment to the fullest. Be completely present.
21. Cultivate and treasure silence, regularly, every day.
22. Patience it not just a virtue, itâ€™s a necessity.
23. Know what makes you tick and then do what makes your heart sing.
24. Take responsibility for your own life. No one else will.
25. Make loving and being of service your highest priority.
(Original Title: 25 Tips for a Wonderful Life – Author unknown)
You may not agree with all these statements, and even if you do, attempting to accomplish all of them at once is daunting. Might I suggest you tackle one each week, so that by mid-year you will be well on your way to a wonderful life?