Utensils: Cutting board & knife; mixing bowl & serving bowl
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: NONE!
Categories: Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free; salt optional
Baby greens or spinach
1 ripe avocado
10-12 organic cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 cucumber, peeled if not organic
several slices of leek, white part
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 Tbl. tomato juice or V-8
salt & pepper to taste (optional)pinch of cayenne pepper
juice of half a lime (or lemon)
1. Wash baby greens; dry and place on a serving platter.
2. Wash and peel avocado; cut into bite-sized pieces & lace in a large bowl.
3. Wash and slice tomatoes crosswise or lengthwise; add to bowl.
4. Wash and slice leek into thin circles; add to bowl.
5. Whisk together dressing and pour over salad; toss gently.
6. Place tossed salad onto baby greens and serve immediately. If you want to prepare earlier, refrigerate the salad and greens separately without tossing & toss right before serving. Then place on platter of bed of greens and add salad.
Yield: 3-4 servings