Last month I posted two recipes from the 2018 Acme Kosher Cuisines of the World calendar. I think this will be the final one, reprinted with permission from Acme Markets+, unless I come across one I can’t resist. This recipe is from Australia and it looks interesting enough to post (and try when I am not so busy with my new book, For the Love of Clotheslines on Amazon).
Note: The Ingredients and Directions on the left side of the reproduced calendar page are listed below the calendar photo. The nutritional value in the green box in the lower right hand corner of the calendar page is also included below the recipe.
24 oz. of Small Yellow Potatoes
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
or Herbs of your choice
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper,
*My Comment: I am not a big fan of parmesan cheese so I would omit this ingredient, which makes it vegan and also suitable for a meat meal, if you keep kosher.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20-30 minutes; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, set potatoes on sheet and using a potato masher, gently smash each potato down, so it flattens, but stays in one piece (like a cookie).
- Drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 18-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.Nutritional Value: Serves 6 (I believe the amounts are per serving. es)
Protein: 2.2 g
Carbohydrates: 19.4 g
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Sodium: 1 mg
+Acme stores can be found in NJ, PA, DEL, MD, and CT Recipe reprinted with peermission
from Christopher Ellis @ Acme headquarters.