I made this salad for the Passover Seder, which has symbols for Spring on the Seder plate, so a green salad is a perfect accompaniment to the dinner.
Utensils: Cutting board & knife, salad spinner or colander, serving set for salad, bowl
Prep. Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: None, unless you want to toast the almonds
Categories: Vegan, Gluten-free, Sugar-free
1 1/2 pkg. mixed greens, washed & dried
5-6 tangerines or clementines, peeled and separated into sections. (If tangerines are large, cut each wedge in half crosswise)
1/2-1 cup slivered almonds (toasted in a dry fry pan for a few minutes, optional)
light dressing (See below)
1. Place washed & dried greens in a large serving bowl; add citrus slices and slivered almonds (toasted or raw).
2. Toss with a light, citrus dressing (see below), and serve immediately.
3. Top with sprouts, also optional. Serve chilled.Â Serves 4-6.
(This was posted in January, so I just cut and pasted it for this recipe.)
Utensils: Food processor, cutting board and knife, measuring cup
Prep. Time: Under 10 minutes
Cooking Time: None
Categories: Vegan, gluten-free, sugar free (if using Meyer lemons)
1/2 large, organic lemon or one whole small, organic, meyer lemon
one garlic clove
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup spring water *
salt & pepper (optional)
fresh or dried herbs of your choice (I used fresh basil)
1. Wash and dice lemon. Peel and chop garlic. Measure water* and olive oil into measuring cup.
2. Put all in blender/food processor. Add herbs and condiments of choice.
3. Blend until smooth. Some little pieces of lemon may remain. Remove.
4. Pour into a small pitcher. Refrigerate & bring to room temperature before using.
Yield: About one cup
*For the citrus salad, use orange and or grapefruit juice in place of spring water.