I had hoped to have a recipe for blueberry cheese cake because today is the celebration of this terrific berry in cheesecake. But all the recipes I researched had so much sugar that I decided to do a blueberry parfait. Here is what it looks like, below, using one of our parfait glasses. Assembling this dessert, snack, or breakfast food takes minutes and has no added sugar unless your yogurt has sugar.
Here is some nutritional information on this little berry:
I don’t have exact ingredients, because you may not be using the same size glass, but here is a list of what I used for one parfait.
- Coconut Yogurt (non-dairy), but feel free to use yogurt of your choice
- 1/4- 1/2 cup fresh, organic blueberries, well rinsed
- 1/4 cup other org. berries of choice (I used raspberries)
- Shredded coconut or chopped walnuts or pecans or chocolate slivers
- Optional Topping: Coconut Whip (Like Cool Whip only real food, not chemicals)
Alternate a few teaspoons of yogurt with a few berries to make several layers. Top with coconut whip and sprinkle with some raw, ground nuts or unsweetened coconut shreds or even slivers of chocolate. Or, just put a few more berries on top of the yogurt or coconut whip, if using.
Keep chilled until ready to eat.