This list is a reprinted excerpt from the January 3rd issue of www.freshlife.com online daily letter, reprinted with permission from my friend and Freshlife owner, Barb Jarmoska. Thanks, Freshlife, these are wonderful thoughts—–much better than “rigid resolutions.”
“You may be thinking about making a New Year’s Resolution. Statistically, the most popular resolutions have to do with losing weight and ‘getting in shape.’ Unfortunately, the average length of time most New Year’s resolutions are kept is about 7 days. We’d prefer to offer you some New Year thoughts to ponder”:
1. Keep only cheerful friends. Grouches can rob your joy and weaken your immune system.
2. Keep learning. The best way to sharpen your mind is to learn something new. Life is an exciting classroom. Don’t make plans to graduate.
3. Live in the moment. It’s truly all there is.
4. Laugh often, long and loud. It’s one of the best things you can do for both body and spirit.
5. Surround yourself with what you love. Make your home your refuge and fill it with whatever is lovable that you love.
6. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it.
7. Don’t take guilt trips. When you’re feeling guilty – you’re forgetting #3 above.
8. At every opportunity, tell the people you love that you love them.
9. Think of something that makes you come alive and go do it! Those things that make you come alive are what you were made for and why you are here.
10. Remember, your life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
“We wish each of you a new year filled with vibrant health, expanded awareness, greater joy, more love and exciting adventures!” Don and Barb Jarmoska and the entire Freshlife staff